Good morning! Here's the news:
- Bloomberg reports that Apple will launch a smaller, cheaper iPad later this year. The new iPad is expected to be 7 or 8 inches.
- The Wall Street Journal also reports Apple is preparing to release a new iPad that is smaller than 8 inches sometime this fall.
- Amazon has reportedly ordered two million redesigned Kindle Fires for early August. The new Kindle Fire is said to have a metal frame with plastic chassis.
- Apparently, the fancy keyboard for the Microsoft Surface works well, but you have to look at your fingers as you type.
- HP execs have given up their offices but not their fleet of private jets. We're sure the 27,000 employees who are getting laid off appreciate that sacrifice.
- Apple has almost completely eliminated the platform advantage that Microsoft has enjoyed with Windows for years.
- In case you missed it: Here are 11 super useful apps that you should be using.